“Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive
the kingdom of God like a little child
will never enter it.”
Lighthouse Camp & Retreat Center
Children’s Camping is one of the most important summer ministries of a church. Thousands of boys and girls attend children’s camps each year all over the United States. Hundreds come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior as a result of their camp experience.
Donations for campers are always appreciated. If you would like to contribute financially to Lighthouse Camp & Retreat Center and/or provide for a camper’s registration fees, please follow the link below.
Lighthouse Camp and Retreat Center offers opportunities for children to participate in daily activities and games, cabin devotional time, and worship services.
Campers spend time in the swimming pool, Gaga Ball pit, and in the Grove, which houses playground equipment for the “big” kids to our smallest campers. Camps with older children love to play basketball, volleyball and tether ball during their recreation time.
An annual camp favorite is the Snack Shack, where kids can enjoy a sweet treats, salty snacks, and cold drinks.
What to Bring
- Modest clothing and activewear.
- One-piece swimsuits w/ covers
- Bedding & pillow
- Toiletries & personal items
- Shower Supplies
- Bible & notebook/pencil
What NOT to bring
Please don’t bring anything you wouldn’t be permitted to take to school, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cell phones
- MP3 players/iPods
- Video games
- 2-way radios
- Be safe. Do not intentionally harm yourself or others, or put yourself in harm’s way.
- Be respectful. Use appropriate words to other campers, counselors, and the campground’s staff.
- Be responsible. Follow the schedule and participate with the group at all times.
Boys are not permitted in the girls’ rooms, and girls are not permitted in the boys’ rooms.
Take care of camp property and equipment. Fines for damage are $100 plus the cost of repairs.
Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Please bring campers to the table stationed outside in front of the dormatory on the south side of camp, no more than 15 mins early.
- All children will be checked for lice.
- Medications need to be submitted to the camp nurse with dosage directions.
- Parents are welcome to help their children settle into their rooms and meet the camp counselors.
- Campers may be picked up at the tabernacle on the north side of camp.
- Kids will have eaten lunch before dismissal.
- Please see a camp worker to sign-out your child.
- If an adult comes to pick up a child that is not on the approved registration, then a parent note must be presented.
Emergency Contact Procedures
Please direct questions before camp via email, when possible. If an emergency takes place during camp, then please call the camp’s director. If the camp director is not available, the campground hospitality manager may be reached at 803-360-7014.
If you need to get in touch with a director, please leave a detailed message with your name, child’s name, camp name, your phone and message. Someone will get back with you as soon as possible. Likewise, we trust you will be in back in touch with us asap if we have to leave you a message.
When you register your child, please mark yes on the photo release. We randomly post some photo of kids on our Northwestern Ohio Nazarene District Facebook page. We never use names or personal info. We will post updates on page as often as we can.
- I approve the participation of my minor child in the Northwestern Ohio District Curch of the Nazarene Children or Youth Camps.
- I understand that there are inherent risks involved in any ministry or athletic event.
- I hereby release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, agree to indemnify and hold harmless any staff or assistants of the Northwestern Ohio (NWO) District Church of the Nazarene Camp, the General Church of the Nazarene, and their officers, directors, agents, affiliates, employees and assigns from any and all negligence of camper(s) or otherwise, due to injury or other damages incurred to the camper or said camper’s property in connection with his/ her participation or presence in the Summer Camping Program and any activities related thereto at NWO Distric Church of the Nazarene Camp at St Marys, Ohio.
- I assure that my child is in good physical health and is able to attend camp.
- I authorize the NWO District Church of the Nazarene Camp Health Officer to render necessary routine first aid and medical care as required.
- In the event of an emergency, I give permission to transport my child for treatment, and to the licensed physician chosen by the NWO District Church of the Nazarene Camp to hospitalize secure treatment, anesthetize or perform surgery for the camper named on this form.
- This release, when check-marked on the registration page, shall be binding on myself, the above named camper, my heirs, executors and legal representative.
DISTRICT CAMP DIRECTORS
Our camp directors are amazing, and they’re available to answer your camp-related questions and/or concerns via email.
Primary Camp Director
Primary Camp Director
Middler Camp Director
Pre-Teen Camp Director